Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Seattle V:TES

Post subject: Northwest Qualifier 2017
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:20 pm 

Here are our plans for this years V:tes qualifier weekend. I'd like to know how many plan on attending each day, so please rsvp by replying to me directly.

Here's the schedule so far. Meeting locations could change some depending on what our space requirements are. Please forward this info along to any other interested parties.

Friday April 7th:
Friendly games and/or draft
3:00pm - Midnight
Location is TBD. We can try to get some tables at Card Kingdom, but it might be easier for us to get together at my place. I'll get back to everyone on this.

Saturday April 8th:
Tournament - 3r + Final (rounds could start earlier if games are finishing early)
R1: 11:00am - 1:00pm
Lunch: 1:00pm - 2:00pm
R2: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
R3: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Final: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Dinner: 8:00pm - 9:30pm
Pick-up games: 9:30pm - midnight
Mox Boarding House Ballard
5105 Leary ave nw
Seattle, WA 98107
(sorry, outside food and drink not allowed)

Sunday April 9th:
Friendly games and/or draft
Mox Boarding House Ballard
5105 Leary ave nw
Seattle, WA 98107
(sorry, outside food and drink not allowed)

Prizes will be provided each day. Here are few things I'll be adding to the Saturday prize pool:

-Rare booster packs
-Heirs to the Blood starters
-Special door prize for out of state visitors
-Complete set of Sabbat War rares
-10th Anniversary tins 1&2 for tournament winner
-Art reprints (some signed)
-Other stuff too

Let me know if you have questions. I'm looking forward to it.

-Grayson

Post subject: Re: Northwest Qualifier 2017
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:41 pm 

I'm as of now planning to come for Saturday's tournament, though I'll be extremely rusty. This depends if it doesn't conflict with as-yet unannounced Netrunner regionals dates, though.

So, congratulations to whoever my predators are for gaining a 1VP handicap!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:53 pm 

Glad to hear it. I'll include you on any email that goes out. Hopefully, we can get in some practice games before the tournament. We're all rusty at this point.

-Grayson

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:35 pm 

We're only 5 weeks out, so I wanted to touch base. There are no schedule changes to report, but I did want to mention that I didn't book a room for Friday. Instead, I plan to be there a little early to grab a large table in the main cafe area.

I also wanted to use this opportunity to remind people that Saturday's tournament is a "Proxies Allowed Event", so please abide by the vken rules for using proxies here:

http://www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questio ... 07-07-2016

Please keep me in the loop if your attendance status changes. So far, we have 7 players confirmed for Saturday and 7 of you are still tentative. If you haven't already, let me know if you plan on attending Friday and Sunday as well.

-Grayson

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:45 pm 

Just wanted to say that I had a lot of fun attending this year. I'd only played a single game of VTES in about 4 years until this past weekend, so I was extremely rusty on some basics. But it turns out 4 pool loss per vote is pretty great no matter what year it is! I think I'll retire that deck though.

I'll try and make it out for occasional weekend games. May is busy for me with Netrunner regionals season, but the tournament definitely scratched my itch to get some more games in :)

Thanks Grayson and John for running a great tournament day, and it was a pleasure to meet the out-of-towners as well!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:12 pm 

It was great that you could join us this year Raj. Crazy that you were only a few table points away from being the tournament winner.

For those that don't know, Darby came away with the tournament win. Check out even details here:

http://www.vekn.net/forum/event-reports-and-twd/75720-twd-northwest-qualifier-2017

Also, I wanted to thank everyone that came out this year. This has become more of an annual reunion, so it's really cool seeing everyone.

-Grayson

Board index » Seattle V:TES