Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Seattle V:TES

Post subject: North West Qualifier 2014
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:37 pm 

Here are the details for the 2014 North West Qualifier coming up on Saturday April 19th. The qualifier will take place at the Contac gaming convention in Tacoma Washington.

Contac http://warhorn.net/contac/ (go here to sign up early)
Shilo Inns and Suites.
7414 South Hosmer St.
Tacoma WA 98408
Phone: 253 475 4020

Schedule
R1: 10:30am - 12:30pm
Break:
R2: 1:30pm - 3:30pm
R3: 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Final: 5:30pm - 7:30pm

Note that this time table could change during the course of the tournament due to rounds running longer or shorter than expected.

Lodging
The Shilo has rooms available for around $89 a night. If this is out of your budget, please contact me for other options.

Transportation
I'll be driving down to Tacoma from Seattle on Saturday and have plenty of room in my car. Let me know if you'd like to reserve a spot. I'll be picking folks up in the Northgate Mall parking lot at 8:30am (in front of the Barnes & Noble). I'd like to get to the shilo by 9:30am.

Entry Fee $0

Prize Support
Prizes will be provided for this event. There will be a drawing to select door prize winners.

Reminder
Remember to remove all proxy cards from your tournament deck. If that leaves you short on cards, please contact me. I'll be loaning cards to anyone that needs them (while supplies last). Also, if you've been out of the game for a while, and you need a deck, just let me know. I have no problem putting together a deck for you to borrow.

Danse Macabre
Some print-at-home cards are now legal for tournament play. This is limited to those cards provided in the Danse Macabre expansion. Please see the vekn website for details on how to use these.

Other Vtes Events

We have no other events planned, but if there is enough interest, let's see about getting some casual games in Friday night. Let me know if you're in. We could also schedule games for Easter Sunday if people are interested.

Please forward this along to anyone I may have left out. If you're on this list by mistake, please let me know so I can remove you the next time.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: North West Qualifier 2014
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:04 am 

I'd be interested in getting some games in for Friday; I don't have a VEKN account so I'm wondering if you could also relay that interest to the person that asked about it there for me, John?

Secondly, the website for Contac you posted doesn't work (at least as of Thursday morning, maybe it did before) and is signing up for a convention required in order to make the Qualifier? If so, any idea what the cost is for that? Thanks.

-- Fletch

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:41 am 

Contac has been free so far, can't imagine that that has changed.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:14 am 

Fletch if I do come down and I'd still like to.....I would be there Friday for a game. Would love to do battlestar galactica friday night perhaps?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:17 am 

Yeah, contac is free and you can sign up at the event. However, buying games and/or snacks is much appreciated.

I'll let him know that you're interested in Friday. I'll talk to people tonight and try to get a better feel of what kind of turn out we'll get and report back. It would be really cool to get full tables on Friday and Sunday as well.

-Grayson

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:34 pm 

I might be up for Friday. I've gotten a room and stayed over when I've gone down before, anyone interested in sharing?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:35 pm 

I've posted this on Vken and thought I should post it here as well. Here's what I'm thinking for the weekend of the 18-20th. Please let me know if you're available to on these days.

----------------------------------------

By my count 6 people so far are able to commit to games on Friday April 18th. I realize that's one too many, but I'm confident we'll be able to wrangle up a few others. I'm thinking we'll cancel our weekly Thursday games and ask people to come out on Friday instead. This likely wouldn't be a tournament, but casual games (which tend to be just as competitive as our tournaments ). I'm thinking it would be best to have these games in Tacoma (about 45 minutes south of Seattle), the same location as the Qualifier. Those who plan on staying at the Shilo will also find this more convenient.

For Easter Sunday, we currently have 5 players (including myself) who can commit. I spoke to a few other folks who will likely make it but couldn't commit at this time. Since most of us are in the Seattle area, I'm thinking it would be cool if we held games at either Card Kingdom or the Heartland Cafe. This is still up for discussion.

I do have a couch still available if someone is needing a place to stay. As mentioned before, I'll be available to transport people staying in the Seattle area. Just let me know what your plans are.

-Grayson

Post Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:40 pm 

graysons first post for the warhorn registration is an old link

the correct link is https://warhorn.net/events/contac

details can also be found at http://www.meetup.com/Contac/events/161022552/

contac is free

last time they allowed me in friday night to set up early...we might be able to sneak a late night game in...

Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:03 pm 

Darby and Kelly confirmed via Vekn forums that they will be here for the weekend. They'll arrive Friday morning, rent a room at the Shilo and then head out Monday morning. Who's up for getting a head start on our weekend? I was thinking I'd try to get out of work early to meet up with everyone in Tacoma. Is anyone else up for this?

Donovan, you mentioned we could do "late-night" gaming on Friday. Is there any chance we could start earlier at the Shilo? If not, we should probably plan on heading over to close combat or something. How crazy are Friday nights at CC? Other ideas are welcome.

-Grayson

Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:58 pm 

Blocking out the whole weekend. I am in for everything.

Board index » Seattle V:TES